Thinking about making a website?
In the making of a website, there are numerous things to be taken into account. Firstly the server, secondly the SEO, and lastly how your website looks. Choosing a server that gives proper speed at times is not at all difficult, but for doing SEO in WordPress you will be needing some tools and plugins for the same. We will talk about that later in the blog let’s first discuss what SEO is.
SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”, which is a practice involving searching for those keywords, phrases, or questions about which the audience is searching. SEO aims on getting good quality as well as good quantity traffic to a website through non-paid(organic) methods. Let’s now talk about those tools and plugins which can help us in getting a good amount of organic traffic on our WordPress website,
Yoast SEO is also known as the king of the SEO WordPress plugin with an astonishing 17000 5 star rating amongst all the SEO plugins. The plugin also has a premium version that sells for 89$ and provides features like keyword optimization for pages and posts, preview feature for Facebook and Instagram sharing, and internal linking. Some features for this plugin include,
- We need to enter the keywords and the plugin will tell us how well our page or blog is optimized regarding the google page rankings.
- Google search engine page ranking preview.
- Gets updated every two weeks and the premium features are just astounding.
Ahrefs is an SEO power force and is the best tool out there to cover all your SEO needs. Ahrefs works based on backlinks and keywords and helps to find out those keywords for which your competitors might be unaware of too. Some features of the Ahref tool include,
- Ahref is the best keyword tool explorer on the market.
- Has the largest Backlinks database on the web.
- Ahrefs shows people who are interacting with your brand on social media.
- Provides a rank tracker to see how you stack up against other companies available online.
Accuranker works on tracking your SEO ranking and keyword research. Accuranker can be used on several domains and can check the websites one on one. Some key features of Accuranker are,
- Rankings can be given of mobile, desktop, local keyword, and searches.
- Tracking of keywords can be done manually as well as it is done daily.
- History can be accessed to see how you have reached your goals and how the keyword tracking performed previously.
4. The SEO Framework
The SEO Framework is a simple yet efficient plugin that excludes the not-needed features to provide simple yet efficient use of itself as a whole. This plugin is the efficient and most used alternative after Yoast SEO. Some important features of this plugin include,
- Provides most of the features resembling Yoast SEO but does not require any premium versions as such.
- Other plugins utilize a particular focus keyword while this plugin focuses on the subject.
- The plugin includes a colored scale which helps us to get hold of the information on how our post will rank on Google.
5. Google keyword planner
If you are looking for a keyword research tool but have no intentions of paying for it extra then Google Keyword planner is your best bet. This is the tool many online marketers use when they have to get past the expenses of the keyword research tool. Google Keyword Planner shows those keywords or targets only those people who are searching for some particular keywords based on their history search stats.
Some Features of Google Keyword planner include:
- If in the future you are planning to put up google ads on your website or blog, then Google keyword planner shows you those words which might be suitable for your campaign.
- You don’t have to pay even a cent for using Google Keyword Planner features.
- No integration is required and it’s easy to cross-reference the data on other platforms.
If you are a content writer and you are producing some good quality content then your content is always at the stake of getting copies or stolen by someone on the web. Although Google is pretty smart and ranks only the pages with the original content still getting your content copied by someone is not at all good, here is where CopyScape comes into use. CopyScape scans the web to get the information about who all are copying your content and by how much percentages, like someone copying your content 80% word to word or sentence to sentence, and 50% with partial matches.
Some of the key features of CopyScape include,
- It’s very useful and not a tedious task. You just have to copy-paste your content in CopyScape and it will scan your content against millions of the web pages available in seconds.
- It has been around 2007 now and is yet the far best tool available to search for online plagiarism.
WordLift is a WordPress plugin that gives content writers the advantages of advanced SEO. It helps organize content, also it improves the finding of content easily by adding internal links, semantic rich metadata, and recommendation of widgets.
Some key features of WordLift include,
- Is used by some big companies like Airbnb, Amazon Audible, Greenpeace, and NextWeb.
- Is integrated with Google Analytics.
- Uses WooRank’s technology to improve your content and know your website ranking.
8. SEO Squirrly
SEO Squirrly is for those who are not SEO experts. SEO Squirrel offers you a complete suite with no complicated elements and gives you recommendations on which keyword to use when and wherein an article you were just writing.
Some key Features of SEO Squirrly include,
- Keyword optimization is best done when writing an article, unlike other plugins where after writing you have to save it, and then it shows the recommendations for keywords.
- If you are replacing some old plugin with SEO Squirrel then SEO Squirrel manages to keep all the settings saved from the previous plugin to your new plugin.
- Encompasses a tool that shows tips on how to outrank a particular article on the web.
These were the list of top plugins and tools which we recommend using for every WordPress user whether old or new. These plugins and tools come with many advantages and many disadvantages but choosing the right plugin for your WordPress might prove as a boon. So make sure the decisions you take are in the best interest of your WordPress website.